TABLE OF CONTENTS
- What can Miro be used for?
- How to use Miro within mashme.io?
What can Miro be used for?
Miro is an online collaborative whiteboarding platform that enables distributed teams to work effectively together, from brainstorming with digital sticky notes to planning and managing agile workflows.
See more at What Is Miro? (Miro Help Center)
How to use Miro within mashme.io?
First Steps in Miro
To open a Miro board within mashme.io, it is necessary that it has previously been created in Miro, hence be a registered user in that platform (sign up in Miro).
Also, the board permissions on mashme.io will depend on the ones set in Miro, so these may need to be changed.
Miro does not require any software download or installation, as it is a web based app.
How to embed a Miro board
To insert a board in mashme.io, please follow these steps:
- Go to Present/Create and choose Miro
- Assign a name for your board in mashme (not necessary that it matches the one in Miro)
- Paste the code of your board (obtained from Miro, see instructions below)
- Click on CREATE
- Note that all these indications are also available in the interface by clicking on the info button (bottom left corner of the screen)
- Enjoy the experience!
- Note that collaboration can be unlocked on the padlock (top right) to allow people participate in the board; permissions will then correspond to the ones set in the sharing options of that file in Miro
- Once the Miro embedded app is closed, it will be stored in the room as any other file
- Note the symbol used in mashme.io to identify this type of files
How to obtain the code of your Miro board
- Open Miro on a new tab
- Register/Login into Miro
- Create a board or open an existing one
- Click on the Export menu and select Embed
- Copy the code
- Note that the sharing settings for your board can be modified from here (see additional info below)
- You can also set the start area and customize the embed height and width
- Go back to mashme.io tab and paste the code
- To create a board, it is necessary to register in Miro
- The access to an embedded board in mashme.io depends on(and is the same as) the sharing status of that board in Miro
- To make the embedded board available for non-registered users (all-users access), you need to enable the public link in the board sharing settings in Miro (share button / anyone with the link…)
- If the public link is switched off, users who do not have direct access to the board will be asked to request it
- The option to share boards for public edition (giving editing access to all users, even non-registered ones) is available on paid plans only
- Sharing options in Miro:
- For further details, please read our Help Portal main article for embedded apps:
- You can also check Miro help article: Embedding Editable Boards into Websites