It is possible to export the members of a room using the option in the accounts portal, or download the report from Analytics. In both cases the file generated is a CSV file.
The participants might have been added using special characters (such as é, ç, ü, etc). When you export the data, you will find these special characters are rendered incorrectly in Excel because Microsoft Excel is unable to properly display UTF-8 compliant CSV files when they contain non-English characters.
To resolve this issue, please do the following after saving the CSV file from your mashme.io export.
On a Windows machine:
- On a Windows computer, open the CSV file using Notepad.
- Click "File > Save As".
- In the dialog window that appears - select "ANSI" from the "Encoding" field. Then click "Save".
- That's all! Open this new CSV file using Excel - your non-English characters should be displayed properly.
- On a Windows computer, click "File > New" in Excel.
- Click "Data" tab.
- Then click "From Text" option. Select the CSV you file you saved from Accompa.
- Excel will display "Text Import Wizard".
- In step-1 of this wizard:
- Select "Delimited" radio button.
- In "File origin" field - select "65001 : Unicode (UTF-8)".
- Click "Next >" button.
- In step-2 of this wizard:
- Select "Comma" checkbox.
- Click "Finish" button.
- In the dialog window that appears - click "OK" button.
- Excel will display your CSV file - including non-English characters - properly.
On a Mac:
Use the "Numbers" application instead of Excel.