The user can change the devices used by mashme (microphone and camera) during a live session.
All roles have the ability to do this (Participant, Remote Presenter, Assistant, Translator).
How to access the Change Devices page
The Change Devices page can be accessed from within any virtual room, following these steps:
- Log into mashme.io
- Enter any room from the list in your hall of rooms
- Click on the "more options" button (top right corner)
- Choose "Change and test devices" and the page will show
- Select a microphone and a camera from the devices available on the drop down list and click "Save"
- Closing the page using the cross (top right corner), the changes will not be saved
- You can run a device and connectivity test by clicking on the link at the bottom: (https://test.mashme.io/)
- Note that these settings are stored at browser level, meaning that mashme will recover your preferences when joining a future session on that same browser
The Change Devices page is available from version 4.2 onwards, released on July 8th 2021.
Before this date, devices could be changed at browser settings, following these articles:
- Browser permissions for devices (camera and microphone)
- How to access camera permissions or change between multiple cameras
This alternative is still available, although it is not as intuitive as the Change Devices page.