What is the Screen Sharing tool?
The Screen Sharing tool allows the presenter to share the desktop or any external application to the participants of a session.
Screen sharing is currently fully supported only through the use of the Google Chrome browser.
How to share the desktop?
1. Enter the room in one of these two ways:
Launch the room with its corresponding code
Login with admin credentials and open the Presenter link of the room
2. In the Main Menu, go to "Present"
3. Click on "Screen Share"
4. Choose one of the sharing options offered, different depending on the browser used:
- For Chrome/Opera/Edge, 3 options are shown: entire screen / application window / browser tab
For Mozilla Firefox, tab is not available
Note that there is also the possibility of Screensharing with audio for some browsers (more info here)
5. Click "Share"
The screen is shared both in the room and in the participant view
6. To stop screen sharing, click on one of the following buttons:
· the arrow on the top right corner of the screen
· the "Stop sharing" pop up message on the bottom of the page
Note: the pop-up message that appears on the bottom of the screen while screen sharing can be hidden from view by clicking on "Hide"
Does Screensharing work in any device?
Screensharing depends on the browser's capabilities, and it is not supported in most mobile devices.
Hence, it is not enabled in any mobile device (tablet or smartphone) but the launcher device in room (Surface Pro or Studio)