The connectivity icon, located in the top right corner of your participant view (Chrome browser only), indicates the Participant connectivity status with a green, amber, and red color code.
Participants can click on it and get more information about the current status:
|Green: The current connection is optimum.|
|Amber: Your current connection is not optimum and you might experience out of sync video- audio, cuts in the audio, video quality worsening.|
|Red: Your connection is poor and you would have difficulties following the session, the system will try to recover you by reconnecting.|
These values are calculated based on an algorithm that has the following areas of consideration:
- Packets Lost Ratio: It measures the proportion of packets lost among all packets received. Ideally, no packets should be lost.
- Jitter: Jitter is the variation in the periodicity of a signal or periodic event from its target or true frequency. It should be minimum with a constant periodicity.
- Latency: This is the time it takes to get an IP packet from point A to point B on the network. It should be below 150ms.
How to improve your connection
In the event of getting an Amber or Red indicator, try to improve your connection by doing the following:
- If you are using a wireless connection, try using a wired connection to your network.
- If you cannot use a wired connection, try to get closer to your access point or use a different wireless network if available.