What type of files can be uploaded into a room?
To load files into a room, please refer to the article: How to load files into a room
- In all created rooms, any type of file can be uploaded.
- These files are available for download by the Participants at the Presenter's discretion
- This can be managed by making the files visible/invisible as shown below.
Only the following files can be opened or played within a session:
- Microsoft Word / Excel / PowerPoint will be converted to PDF files and shown as PDF slides in the session
- Once downloaded, participants will receive the file in the original Word, Excel or PowerPoint format
- The audio and/or video files MP3, MP4 or MOV can be played as they are (audio/video depending on the format)
- Once downloaded, participants will receive the file in the original format (MP3, MP4 or MOV)
- The image files with JPG, PNG or BMP extension can be shown as images in the session
Any other format can be uploaded to room, but:
- It cannot be opened in the room
- It will only be available for download (with the file being downloaded in the original format in which it was uploaded: .csv, .xlsm, etc.)
- It shows with the "link" icon; example of convertible files (.xlsx) and non-supported files (.csv, .xlsm, etc.)
What is the maximum file size I can upload into a room?
The maximum size of a single file to be uploaded into mashme.io shared memory in a room is 200 MB.
There is no limit in the amount of storage in a room.
We are currently working to increase the maximum size to files up to 1,5GB; once the enhancement is deployed, it will be notified in the release notes.
Uploading Presentations: it takes too long & the format sometimes changes
When loading a presentation in PPT format, the process of converting the file to upload and store it in the shared memory might take longer depending on the content of the presentation and it might occur that formatting changes.
Therefore, to speed up the process and keep the formatting, it is recommended to first save it into PDF format and then upload it to the room.