When a participant is invited to a session, they will receive an email invitation to join he room.
If it is the first room they were added to, they will have also received a welcome to the platform email.
Hence, every participant invited to a session has received two emails from firstname.lastname@example.org:
- The welcome email with the user credentials: this email contains the details necessary to access the mashme·io platform
- user: email account
- password: automatically generated by the system
- Note that this email is sent only once (the first time the user is added to the platform)
- The invitation email with the session invite: this email contains the information about the session the user has been invited to
- session details (name, date and time)
- recommendations for first time in mashme
- Test Portal guide and link (to check devices and connection)
- link to the room
- Note that this email can be duplicated, as reminders for the session can be sent multiple times
To access the session, follow these steps:
- Go to the email invite of the session you want to join
- To run the recommended hardware and network tests, scroll down to "Self-Testing Room" and click "this Link"
- Once you are ready, click the "Go to the Room!" button; the room will open in a new window
- If the link doesn't work, right-click on the button and select "Open Link in New Tab" or "Copy Link Address" and paste it in a supported browser
- Enter your credentials and enjoy the session!